Comments are welcome at JGIG!
A few of the comments I’ve received at JGIG lately made me realize that a comment policy was long overdue. Unfortunately I did have to go to moderated comments last year when some abusive stuff came through =o( . So here’s the scoop:
1. Please comment on issues related to a specific post. Some like to vent their frustration with this blog by picking a post and letting loose with an ad hom tirade, not addressing ANY points in the post on which they’ve chosen to ‘comment’.
2. Some who are in the Hebrew Roots/Messianic Judaism streams of thought like to pontificate on their entire belief system in the comments section. Comments are for discussion. If you have that much to say, start your own blog. I’ve gotten comments here as long as 6000 words. Seriously.
3. Think of commenting as a conversation. Would you talk for 6000 words non-stop in a conversation? Well, maybe you would, but don’t do it here.
4. Dissent is welcome here. Dissenting comments will be approved. Even ad hom stuff will be approved. Just keep it of a reasonable length and at least loosely related to the content of the post on which you’ve chosen to comment.
5. Obviously no abusive language or vulgar personal attacks will be entertained here at JGIG. There is no profit for anyone in reading that stuff.
6. No plagiarizing. If you want to quote something or use another source to make your point, that’s fine. Just cite your source.
7. Comments building on the content of the post and edifying comments will be approved =o).
8. Encouragement to the author will also be approved =o).
9. Note that this entire post (not including the cartoon) is less than 300 words long.
Thanks, guys. This information can also be found on a ‘Comments Policy’ page in the sidebar for future reference.