16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
I became familiar with Bob George’s teaching when I found an audio teaching that he did simply titled, ‘The New Covenant’. It’s hands-down one of the best teachings I’ve heard on the subject of the New Covenant, and unfortunately, no longer available. [Update! It's back! Now available at BobGeorge.net - just click HERE or on the embedded link above. Special thanks to the Admin. staff at BobGeorge.net for again making this excellent teaching available!] Bob had a stroke a few years ago and is no longer actively teaching, but as he was a pastor and host of a radio show for many years, there are quite a few audio and some video archives available of his teachings, with more being added over time. I have not listened to/viewed them all, but can recommend his stuff, much of which has been archived at BobGeorge.net. Another great resource is the book, Classic Christianity by Bob George. I have a copy and recommend it highly. Teaching is from the Evangelical stream of faith with a special emphasis on Old/New Covenant issues. Here’s a partial list of the teachings available - most are 45-55 minutes in length, and series descriptions are from the BobGeorge.net site:
Two must-listen teachings:
- The New Covenant Explained – Study notes available HERE.
- God’s Solution to Man’s Problem – Life! – Study notes available HERE.
- Grace of God - Bob has often said, “If I had only one message to give, it would be the message of the New Covenant.” Minutes after this program’s closing music Bob suffered a stroke and has not been on the air since. In this last broadcast he answered questions from Aneurin, Steve, Ricky and D.C. about James 2:14, about how the grace of God teaches us to say ‘no’ to unrighteousness, what we must do to be saved according to Acts and if suicide negates salvation.
- A Closer Look at the New Covenant Parts 1-31 - Have all of our sins been truly forgiven by God? Can we truly know God personally? To answer these questions, this powerful study explores a subject that encompasses every aspect of the Christian life: the New Covenant. An understanding of this vital subject will bring clarity to your knowledge of the Bible and confidence, assurance and freedom to your Christian life. In this series you will discover:
~ Why the New Covenant is far superior to the Old Covenant
~ Jesus meant it when He said “It is Finished”
~ Your eternal inheritance in Christ Jesus
~ How to experience the fullness of God’s grace
- A Closer Look at Law and Grace Parts 1-25 - From BobGeorge.net - The Word of God makes abundant use of a very helpful teaching tool—contrasts: light and darkness, the kingdom of God and the kingdom of Satan, life and death, lost and saved, just to name a few. And one very beautiful and educational contrast found throughout the Bible is law and grace. Far from being a dull theological subject, law and grace is the very backbone of the gospel. The difference between the two is at the heart of how a person is saved and, equally important, how a person will live the Christian life. Law and grace is not a side issue, it winds its way into every nook and cranny of the Christian life.Without a proper understanding of law and grace, a person will be “double minded, and unstable in all his ways” (James 1:8). The Bible will be hopelessly contradictory for such a person and he will be unable to relate to God with confidence and thanksgiving. However, thouse who have come to a fuller understanding of the grace under which we live have nearly felt “born again—again.” They have regained the joy, freedom, and spontaneity of their earliest Christian experience. This is the truth that sets men free (John 8:32).
- Entering God’s Rest Parts 1-3 - If there were only one subject that Bob George could talk about, this would be it. His burning desire is for Christians to understand that we are under a brand-new covenant.While the world points to the birth of Christ as the centerpiece of human history, God looks at the cross of Jesus Christ as the dividing line. Why? Because Christ’s death ushered in a brand-new covenant. In understanding this truth, the Bible will begin to fall into place for you. You will see how this is the “missing key” for many believers. This study is essential to understanding our inheritance in Christ and what it means to experience freedom and abundant life in Christ.
- Romans: Grace For Life Study, Parts 1-28 - The book of Romans has been described as the most dynamic, life changing document ever penned. It is a study in systematic theology, a defense of the Gospel, and a practical guide to Christian living all in one. Allow God’s Spirit to deepen the message in your heart and fuel a revival in your soul.
- Book of John – A very famous song poses the question, “Is that all there is?” Today it could easily be the slogan of the modern church. Always looking for a new experience or idea, both Christians and the lost are missing the might of JESUS’ simple proclamation: “I am the way, the truth and the life…” Join Bob George in this chapter by chapter exposition of The Gospel of John. Realize why Christ, Himself, is real life and how He personally offers hope in daily living that you may:
~ Discover an abundant and meaningful life as a Christian
~ Overcome fear with His assurance that you have His eternal life
~ Experience joy during adversity
~ Apply God’s wisdom in decision making, no matter how big or small the issue
~ Experience freedom as you walk by faith in His love and acceptance
- Galatians: Lessons 1-10 - It is safe to say that Paul was a passionate man! First, passionate in his desire to persecute Christians. Then, after his encounter with Christ Jesus on the road to Damascus, Paul used the same tenacity he used for persecution to boldly proclaim the name of Jesus. Presented In Bob’s signature style, this teaching gives insight into Paul’s heart and what he came to know about the love and grace of God.
- The Letter to the Hebrews – The book of Hebrews is written to the world – believers and non-believers alike. This book is the one through which the New Covenant teaching so dear to Bob’s heart was formed. In perhaps his most extensive teaching, you will experience the wonder and joy in the provisions of the New Covenant and will grow and mature in your faith.
- The New Covenant – Hands down one of the best teachings on the New Covenant I’ve heard. About 55 minutes long. With study notes. Highly Recommended. (This teaching is back! Special thanks to the Amin staff at BobGeorge.net for making this excellent teaching available again!)
- 1 John 1:9 - 1 John 1:9 is a staple verse in Law ‘keeping’ sects about how when we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive us. Who was John talking to in that passage? If God is faithful to forgive us for our sins, why would we keep asking Him to do something He has already done? (See also Forgiveness 8, 1 John 1:9 below).
- Radio With Bob George - Partial archives of Bob George radio appearances at People to People Ministries. Rich in humor, compassion, and uncompromised Biblical truths, these classic broadcasts communicate the love and grace of God and will be a blessing in your life.
There are lots of good audio teachings at Living God Ministries, pastored by Aaron Budjen, a Hebrew Christian who came to Jesus while studying to become a Rabbi. He has compiled an archive of audio files from his radio show at New Covenant Institute. Aaron’s teachings are also from the Evangelical stream of faith. There is a lot there, available at the link above. Most of the teachings linked to below are series that I’ve personally listened to and recommend; some episodes I highly recommend and have so noted. Be sure to check out the New Covenant Institute Audio Links page, as there’s lots more there. Be sure to check out Aaron’s Q & A page. Also from the Evangelical stream of faith with an emphasis on Old/New Covenant issues.
Audio – These audio files are formatted for free downloads and are all less than 30 minutes long :
- Understanding Forgiveness – I’ve listened to this series – several of the episodes more than once. Not only is this foundational teaching on the Gospel and forgiveness, but addresses many of the issues raised in Law/Grace debates. Twelve parts, all about 30 minutes long. Highly Recommended.
Forgiveness 1, Take Sin Seriously
Forgiveness 2, Why Forgiveness is Necessary
Forgiveness 3, The Resistance to Forgiveness
Forgiveness 4, The Freedom of Forgiveness
Forgiveness 5, The Fear of Forgiveness
Forgiveness 6, Antinomianism
Forgiveness 7, License to Sin
Forgiveness 8, 1 John 1:9
Forgiveness 9, Why Confession?
Forgiveness 10, The Lord’s Prayer
Forgiveness 11, Being Forgiven
Forgiveness 12, Forgiving Others
- Atonement and Propitiation Part 1 - Highly Recommended
- Atonement and Propitiation Part 2 - Highly Recommended
- The Sabbath Law – The law was a shadow of the reality that has now been revealed in Christ Jesus. In the first part of this series Aaron describes the law of the Sabbath, explaining the requirements of the law. In the second part of this series Aaron explains the reality we live in today in light of what Jesus has done for us. Teaching through Hebrews 3 and 4, Aaron explains the real rest that we as the people of God enter into. Highly Recommended.
- Identity In Christ - Highly Recommended within the series:
- How Will the Grace of God Guide Us? - This program is the follow-up to the program describing, “What is The Gospel?” Taking things one step further, Aaron gives a clear explanation of what a believer does now that they have been saved. New believers are often taught to pursue a set of rules, laws, a type of lifestyle, or a set of “hedges” around their life to start living for Christ. Revealing how the grace of God will transform our heart and fundamentally who we are, Aaron explains why the grace of God is sufficient for all aspects of our life.
- Series on the Letter to the Hebrews - Highly Recommended within the series:
Hebrews Message 24, Hebrews 6:4-6 Impossible to be Resaved
Hebrews Message 41, Hebrews 10:25 Forsake Assembly
Hebrews Message 42, Hebrews 10:26-27 No Sacrifice for Sins
Hebrews Message 43, Hebrews 10:28-39 Endure
Hebrews Message 44, Hebrews 11:1 What is Faith
- Jesus the Prophet, Priest, and King – This is a really good series – especially the ‘Jesus the Priest’ section in relation to the Hebrew Roots Movement and their assertion that sacrifices will someday be reinstituted in the Temple. Highly Recommended within the series is the ‘Jesus as Priest’ parts 1-3:
A selection of text articles from Aaron’s Q & A page (be sure to check out the rest!):
Rob Rufus pastors City Church International, a church plant in Hong Kong. From a more Charismatic stream of faith, Rob preaches the Gospel of Grace ‘full preach’. In December of 2012, through a bunny trail I followed from the stats page here at JGIG I came across his teachings, and found myself so refreshed. Rob has been a pastor for over 30 years, having planted several churches. He is in Hong Kong currently, having planted City Church International there several years ago. Rob is more in the charismatic stream, active in the Gifts of the Spirit. That challenges me; I’m no cessationist, but am cautious about such things because of the abuses by some. I can’t say that I’m comfortable with everything he teaches and don’t endorse all those he endorses (not that I’ve heard it all; the archives are extensive, and I can’t possibly check out every name he drops), but the vast majority of what I’ve heard so far is theologically sound, with a really strong and appropriate emphasis on Old Covenant/New Covenant issues. And if the Spirit of God shows up in the midst of that, well hey, I’m okay with that =o). I have only posted stuff here that I’ve personally listened to. As you listen, keep in mind that in some of these teachings, Rob has a lengthy ‘intro’, partly because many of the audios are from local services or conferences; you’ll know when he gets to the meat of the teaching. Folks, these are powerful teachings that clearly teach the Truths of the Old/New Covenants. If some of you more conservative types can get through the stuff that makes you ‘uncomfortable’, I think you’ll really be built up, equipped (especially in the area of Law and Grace), and blessed. I was =o). Highly Recommended. There are also some teachings from Rob on the Video Resources page. Enjoy! (I’ve included a few teachings here now – adding more as I have time.)
Audio teachings in no particular order - all free downloads; various lengths:
Ryan Rufus, son of Rob, co-ministers with Rob at City Church International in Hong Kong. Ryan gives one of the best presentations of the Gospel I’ve ever heard; it’s very gentle and joyful yet thorough. As with some of Rob’s teachings above, there is translation into Cantonese (CCI has both English speaking and Cantonese speaking folks in their congregation). Rather than finding this to be a distraction, I found it to be 1) a beautiful reminder that the Gospel was given to all tongues and tribes, and 2) I found myself reflecting on and digesting each point that was being made as the translation went on. The audio version of this five-part series is posted here; the video version is posted on the Video Resources page. Guys, the best way to refute HRM or any other false teaching is to have a firm grasp on Who Jesus is, What He came to do, What that actually accomplished, and Who we as believers are in Him. The following series does all of that very gently and clearly. I was very blessed and refreshed and affirmed (and yes, challenged!) in Christ as I listened to the following. Enjoy!
Audio teachings, all free downloads:
The Clear Message of Grace Part 1 – Forgiveness (appx. 50 min.)
The Clear Message of Grace Part 2 – Righteousness (appx. 65 min.)
The Clear Message of Grace Part 3 – Unbroken Access to God (appx. 40 min.)
The Clear Message of Grace Part 4 – No Longer Under the Law (appx. 50 min.)
The Clear Message of Grace Part 5 – A New Nature (appx. 50 min.)
Escape to Reality is a great resource for New Covenant teaching on real-life issues by Paul Ellis. I’ve linked to his site’s archives page, as it has a good drop-down menu listing the articles there. From more of the Charismatic stream of faith with a strong emphasis on Old/New Covenant issues. In blog form, there is lots of discussion there helpful for hashing out the issues of life in Christ; Law vs. Grace. Highly Recommended.
Real Answers.net, aka People to People Ministries, is also a good resource with a searchable radio archive; you can put in a Bible verse or a topic keyword and radio shows where that verse/issue is addressed will come up. They also have a very user-friendly page that lists their radio programs and Sunday services by the month, with a brief description of the topic(s) discussed. Some of their Sunday service links have a video option, as well. That resource page can be found here.
There used to be lots of archives there from the show that Bob George hosted before his stroke. It appears that since Bob George’s departure from the ministry that his teachings have been transferred to bobgeorge.net, linked to above. Unfortunately, not all of his teachings made the jump to the new site. I’m hoping that some of the excellent links that were available at People to People will eventually transfer over to the new site.
That said, Bob Christopher, Bob Davis, and Richard Peifer have done a good job of continuing on with solid teaching, though I do miss Bob George’s content there. Teaching from Real Answers is from an Evangelical view.
- Podcast Directory
- Born Free – Salvation tract, online version, text and/or audio available
- Radio Archive - A searchable data-base of calls. May be searched using Bible verses, key words, or by date.
Text Articles – (Many are short):
- Can I Really Believe that the Bible is True?
- Eternal Security
- Forgiving Others
- How Do I Find A Good Church?
- What is God’s Will For My Life?
- What is the Purpose of the 10 Commandments?
For more resources regarding the Hebrew Roots/Messianic movements see the Post Index and the Articles Page. General study helps, discernment, and apologetics sites can be found HERE. Good, foundational studies with a special emphasis on Old Covenant/New Covenant Truths can be found HERE. Make use of the tabs with drop-down menus found at the top of this site – there’s tons of info there, and it’s very navigable.