16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Note to readers – This page has recently been consolidated to make room for more content. Links to teachings by Andrew Farley have now been added – scroll down to check them out!
I became familiar with Bob George’s teaching when I found an audio teaching that he did simply titled, ‘The New Covenant’. It’s hands-down one of the best teachings I’ve heard on the subject of the New Covenant. Bob had a stroke a few years ago and is no longer actively teaching, but as he was a pastor and host of a radio show for many years, there are quite a few audio and some video archives available of his teachings, with more being added over time. I have not listened to/viewed them all, but can recommend his stuff, much of which has been archived at BobGeorge.net. Bob also authored Classic Christianity and Faith That Pleases God both highly recommended. Bob’s teaching is from the Evangelical stream of faith with a special emphasis on Old/New Covenant issues. Here’s a partial list of the teachings available – most are 45-55 minutes in length, and series descriptions are from the BobGeorge.net site:
Three must-listen-to teachings:
- The New Covenant Explained – Study notes available HERE. Video version (same teaching, different event) HERE.
- God’s Solution to Man’s Problem – Life! – Study notes available HERE.
- An excellent follow-up teaching which reinforces the above two teachings: Biblical Understanding of Law and Grace. Study notes available HERE.
- More teachings and in-depth study links available at bobgeorge.net.
- Radio With Bob George – Partial archives of Bob George radio appearances at People to People Ministries. Rich in humor, compassion, and uncompromised Biblical truths, these classic broadcasts communicate the love and grace of God and will be a blessing in your life.
Dr. Andrew Farley is a teacher I’ve been aware of for a while, and I read his book, The Naked Gospel, a few years ago and really liked it. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me until a few months ago to check to see if he had audio teachings available for download, but it didn’t. Until it did, and he does =o). I’d classify the stream of faith in which Dr. Farley swims to be midway between evangelical and charismatic – he has a really healthy and balanced view of each.
Though I cannot link directly to downloadable audio links as I can for other teachers on this page, all of Dr. Farley’s stuff is available for free audio download from his site, AndrewFarleyLive.com, and is well organized by title and date. I can, however, link you to the YouTube/Ustream video versions of the audio teachings from his site, and will do so, attaching the date of the teaching to the title so that if you wish to go to his site and download the audio to your phone/ipod/MP3 player, you may do so. It’s super easy – just click on the date next to the title listed below, and it will take you to the teachings list. Scroll down to the date you clicked and then click on the ‘arrow down’ button for audio download.
Dr. Farley has a clear and direct style, sprinkled with good humor with which he effectively delivers the Truths of the New Covenant, the complete work and High Priesthood of Christ, how that affects our relationship with the Law, and our relationship with God in Christ. I can honestly say that I’ve not heard one of Dr. Farley’s teachings that I’ve not liked. That makes it a bit difficult for me to narrow down which links to post here, but I’ll try, with added encouragement to you to go and explore the many other titles available at AndrewFarleyLive.com. There is also a radio archive available from Dr. Farley’s daily radio show, available HERE. Highly recommended. Enjoy!
- A Passover Remix – 05/13/2012
- Ruthless Religion – 08/3/2014 – About James 2, regarding faith and works.
- The Giving of Law and Spirit – 11/17/2013 – Contrasts the giving of the Law and the Spirit at Pentecost.
- Christ IN You – 10/26/2014
- ExeJesus – Can We Lose Our Salvation – 09/14/2014
- The Backwards Sermon – 11/02/2014
- Grace – From Start to Finish – 08/04/2013
- The True Meaning of Baptism – 08/11/2013 – Is Grace a license to sin?
- The Gluten Free Gospel – 08/18/2013
- Are You an Obstacle or an Instrument? – 07/27/2014
- Christmas Means Compatibility – 12/15/2013
- The Naked Gospel – From World Changers Church International – 03/30/2014 – A good overview of the Gospel of Grace
- Health and Wealth? – 11/16/2014 – A good, balanced view of this issue in the Body.
- Is Everyone Ok? – 12/07/2014 – A clear answer to the accusation that Grace preachers teach Universalism.
- Relaxing With God – 06/22/2014 – Learning to rest in Jesus.
- Behavior Matters – 06/29/2014
Excellent Series (Series Page Here):
- Is That Really In The Bible? – 1/12/2014 – 3/09/2014
- Romans: The Gift of Righteousness (2013)
- 1 John – 1/09/2011 – 2/20/2011
- It’s Not About You!
- Hebrews 2010
- Distracted! – A Galatians Study – Parts 6 and 7 are especially good in this series
- More as I listen to them =o)
Guys, there is soooo much more available from this teacher – again, I highly recommend that you go to AndrewFarleyLive.com or his radio archives and check out the many other excellent teachings available there!
There are lots of good audio teachings at Living God Ministries, pastored by Aaron Budjen, a Hebrew Christian who came to Jesus while studying to become a Rabbi. He has compiled an archive of audio files from his radio show at New Covenant Institute. Most of the teachings linked to below are series that I’ve personally listened to and recommend; some episodes I highly recommend and have so noted. Be sure to check out the New Covenant Institute Audio Links page and Aaron’s Q & A page. Aaron also teaches from more of an Evangelical stream of faith with an emphasis on Old/New Covenant issues.
Audio – These audio files are formatted for free downloads and are all less than 30 minutes long :
- Understanding Forgiveness
- Atonement and Propitiation Part 1 – Highly Recommended
- Atonement and Propitiation Part 2 – Highly Recommended
- Spiritual Warfare
- The Sabbath Law – The law was a shadow of the reality that has now been revealed in Christ Jesus. In the first part of this series Aaron describes the law of the Sabbath, explaining the requirements of the law. In the second part of this series Aaron explains the reality we live in today in light of what Jesus has done for us. Teaching through Hebrews 3 and 4, Aaron explains the real rest that we as the people of God enter into. Highly Recommended.
- Dietary Laws – Highly Recommended
- Identity In Christ – Highly Recommended within the series: Part 4
- Overcoming Sin
- How Will the Grace of God Guide Us?
- Jesus the Prophet, Priest, and King – This is a really good series – especially the ‘Jesus the Priest’ section in relation to the Hebrew Roots Movement and their assertion that sacrifices will someday be reinstituted in the Temple. Highly Recommended.
- Check out Aaron’s studies on the letters to the Romans, Galatians, and Hebrews here (scroll to bottom of page).
Rob Rufus pastors City Church International, a church plant in Hong Kong. From a more Charismatic stream of faith, Rob preaches the Gospel of Grace ‘full preach’. In December of 2012, through a bunny trail I followed from the stats page here at JGIG I came across his teachings, and found myself so refreshed. Rob has been a pastor for over 30 years, having planted several churches. He is in Hong Kong currently, having planted City Church International there several years ago. Rob is more in the charismatic stream, active in the Gifts of the Spirit. That challenges me; I’m no cessationist, but am cautious about such things because of the abuses by some. I can’t say that I’m comfortable with everything he teaches and don’t endorse all those he endorses (not that I’ve heard it all; the archives are extensive, and I can’t possibly check out every name he drops), but the vast majority of what I’ve heard from Rob so far is theologically sound, with a really strong and appropriate emphasis on Old Covenant/New Covenant issues. And if the Spirit of God shows up in the midst of that, well hey, I’m okay with that =o). I have only posted stuff here that I’ve personally listened to. As you listen, keep in mind that in some of these teachings, Rob has a lengthy ‘intro’, partly because many of the audios are from local services or conferences; you’ll know when he gets to the meat of the teaching. Folks, these are powerful teachings that clearly teach the Truths of the Old/New Covenants. If some of you more conservative types can get through the stuff that makes you ‘uncomfortable’, I think you’ll really be built up, equipped (especially in the area of Law and Grace), and blessed. I was =o). Highly Recommended. There are also some teachings from Rob on the Video Resources page. Enjoy! (I’ve included a few teachings here now – adding more as I have time.)
Audio teachings in no particular order – all free downloads; various lengths:
A Defense of the Gospel of Grace (Rob Rufus responds to 5 accusations made against him.)
Ryan Rufus, son of Rob, co-ministers with Rob at City Church International in Hong Kong. Ryan gives one of the best presentations of the Gospel I’ve ever heard; it’s very gentle and joyful yet thorough. As with some of Rob’s teachings above, there is translation into Cantonese (CCI has both English speaking and Cantonese speaking folks in their congregation). Rather than finding this to be a distraction, I found it to be 1) a beautiful reminder that the Gospel was given to all tongues and tribes, and 2) I found myself reflecting on and digesting each point that was being made as the translation went on. The audio version of this five-part series is posted here; the video version is posted on the Video Resources page. Guys, the best way to refute HRM or any other false teaching is to have a firm grasp on Who Jesus is, What He came to do, What that actually accomplished, and Who we as believers are in Him. The following series does all of that very gently and clearly. I was very blessed and refreshed and affirmed (and yes, challenged!) in Christ as I listened to the following. Enjoy!
Audio teachings, all free downloads:
The Clear Message of Grace Part 1 – Forgiveness (appx. 50 min.)
The Clear Message of Grace Part 2 – Righteousness (appx. 65 min.)
The Clear Message of Grace Part 3 – Unbroken Access to God (appx. 40 min.)
The Clear Message of Grace Part 4 – No Longer Under the Law (appx. 50 min.)
The Clear Message of Grace Part 5 – A New Nature (appx. 50 min.) – Note: Part 5 may have some language in it regarding the New Nature, referring to the New Nature as the ‘life-force of God’ that may make some uncomfortable. Please understand that the primary audience is in Hong Kong, where this local church is located, and that many of the Chinese folks there have backgrounds in Eastern religions, so that choice of terms resonates with and makes sense to them. I personally would rather that Ryan had emphasized dependence on the Holy Spirit in the last part of the teaching, however I understand the focus that he was bringing with this teaching, and that is this: We are New Creations in Christ. That MEANS something; we were intrinsically changed when we were forgiven of all our sins, filled with the Righteousness of Christ, and sealed with His Holy Spirit. We’re different now. We don’t look at and respond the same way in and to the world as we did before Christ did His Work IN us. While we still struggle with our mind and our flesh in this life, we need to recognize that our spirit is already seated in the heavenlies with Christ according to His Work and according to the Word of God (Ephesians 2:6-7). Overall, this series is excellent, giving a clear presentation of the Gospel and who we who believe in Christ are in Christ. Highly Recommended!
Escape to Reality is a great resource for New Covenant teaching on real-life issues by Paul Ellis. I’ve linked to his site’s archives page, as it has a good drop-down menu listing the articles there. From more of the Charismatic stream of faith with a strong emphasis on Old/New Covenant issues. In blog form, there is lots of discussion there (read the comments!) helpful for hashing out the issues of life in Christ; Law vs. Grace. Paul also has three excellent books available, The Gospel in Ten Words, The Gospel in Twenty Questions, and The Hyper-Grace Gospel, all Highly Recommended! He also has a good Resource Page with links to articles regarding eternal security. Excellent site with lots of good stuff! Highly Recommended.
Some recommended reading at E2R (in no particular order, and adding more as time permits):
- 3 Reasons Why I Don’t Preach on Repentance (“Turn from Sin”)
- The Test of your Gospel
- Hebrews 6:4-6
- Hebrews 10:26
- What Happens to Christians Who Stray?
- An Open Letter to Hot-Blooded Young Men
- The Wrath of God in the New Covenant
- Forsaking Your First Love: What Was the Ephesians’ Problem? (Rev 2:1-7)
- God Doesn’t Do Half-Jobs: Why Partial Forgiveness Is Completely Bogus
- Confession, Conviction, Confusion!
- Good News!
- The Greatest Law Preacher
- How to Walk After the Flesh in 20 Easy Lessons
- How Does God Deal With Our Sin?
- What if I Disappoint God?
- Is Grace a License to Sin?
- 12 Reasons Why Christians Don’t Need to Confess-to-be-Forgiven
- “Practical Holiness” – Your Fast-Track for Setting Aside Grace…
- What Happens to Unfruitful Branches?
- John 15:6 – Abiding in the Vine
Over the past year or so (starting in 2013), a manufactured label, ‘Hyper-Grace’, has been made popular and applied to the Gospel of Grace. Personally, I embrace the term, because in my opinion, the Living God coming to Earth as a man to die for our sin and bear the judgement due us, and then to give those who believe the gift of Righteousness and New Life in order to reconcile us to Himself is a pretty Hyper Grace!
That aside, not all believers embrace the term, and many are uncomfortable with the concept of pure Grace. Rather those who mix Law and Grace use the term as a derogatory label, on which they pile false accusations about what the Gospel of Grace is and how those who walk in Grace live their lives.
For a short examination of the Hyper-Grace issue and a good list of resources defending the Gospel of Grace, check out What About ‘Hyper-Grace’???
BasicGospel.net is also a good resource with a searchable radio archive; you can put in a Bible verse or a topic keyword and radio shows where that verse/issue is addressed will come up.
BasicGospel.net was birthed out of Real Answers Radio program started originally by Bob George (see above). After Bob George’s stroke, Bob Christopher, Bob Davis, and Richard Peifer have done a good job of continuing on with solid teaching, though I do miss Bob George’s content there. Teaching from Basic Gospel is from an Evangelical/cessationist view. While they believe that the Holy Spirit indwells believers, they do not teach that there are manifestations of the Holy Spirit in believers today.
There is a video option available from the weekly fellowship services at Metro Bible Fellowship. From the MBF website: “A Place to Learn and Grow in God’s Love and Grace. What you hear here may be different. Metro Bible Fellowship has one singular focus – to help people grow in their knowledge of Jesus Christ. There is no program, book, teacher, or church that can substitute for a personal relationship with the living Christ. That is why our passion is to communicate the truth of the New Covenant in practical, applicable teaching from the Word of God. We invite you to join us as we grow together.”
There is also a blog site connected with BasicGospel.net with lots of very well-written, short posts regarding the common questions that arise as one begins to walk in the Gospel of Grace. First Life – Then Change is a good place to get the basics down. Highly Recommended. Here are a few of the topics addressed (in no particular order):
- What Does God Do When You Sin?
- Do You Have Assurance of Salvation?
- What Did You Hear?
- I Can’t Let Go of the Past
- How Many of Your Sins Have Been Forgiven?
- You Can Say “No” to Sin…
- Amazing Stuff That is True of You!
- Can a Christian Have Assurance of Salvation?
- The Gospel that Saves
- Connecting the Dots of Forgiveness and Love
- Seven Reasons to Fully Embrace the New Covenant
- What Commandments Do We Keep?
- First Life, Then Change
- Is it Possible to Misinterpret the Grace of God?
- Six Ideas about Grace that will keep you from Experiencing Grace
- How to be made right with God
- Why does the Bible exist? What is its purpose?
Mike Kapler & Joel Brueseke
From the Growing In Grace website: “Growing in Grace is a weekly podcast featuring casual conversation with Mike Kapler and Joel Brueseke about growing in understanding the gospel and living in the freedom that comes through Jesus Christ.” These are segments of teaching and discussion that are about 15 minutes long that effectively communicate the message of the Gospel of Grace in the midst of churchianity today. Check it out!
For more resources regarding the Hebrew Roots/Messianic movements see the Post Index and the Articles Page. General study helps, discernment, and apologetics sites can be found HERE. Good, foundational studies with a special emphasis on Old Covenant/New Covenant Truths can be found HERE. Make use of the tabs with drop-down menus found at the top of this site – there’s tons of info there, and it’s very navigable.