This page is dedicated to testimonies of those who have once been a part of the Hebrew Roots Movement / Messianic Movement, but by the Grace of God have come to understand their freedom in Christ, rooted and established in love.
If you have a testimony you’d like to share about coming out of the Hebrew Roots Movement (or variation of the HRM), please email me at joyfullygrowingingrace@gmail dot com.
- 8THDAY4LIFE’S Story - The first testimony is from 8THDAYFORLIFE’S Weblog. It is broken down into 13 parts for ease in reading. A really excellent, Christ-centered testimony. Used with permission, many thanks.
- Sheep Wrecked’s Story - The next testimony is from Sheep Wrecked, from For The Love Of Truth. It is broken down into 4 parts with end notes for ease in reading. Another really excellent Christ-centered testimony, this one with more details about the Judaism aspects of the HRM. Used with permission, many thanks.
- GirlLuvs2Read’s Story – Being a Galatian
- Serioussly S’african’s Story
- Testimony – thatonechick’s Story
- Graceful Grandma’s Story
- Hebrew Roots Movement and Children – Testimony
- Mark Smith’s Story - A testimony of coming out of the Worldwide Church of God/Armstrongism, which is very similar to the Hebrew Roots Movement.
Other articles of interest:
- Millennial Prophecy – Measuring Unrevealed Prophecies in Light of Revealed Truths
- Tzit Tzit For the Believer In Christ?
- 12 Undeniable Truths That Drive Law ‘Keepers’ Crazy
- Old Testament Believers and New Testament Christians – From the Articles Page – Addresses the issue of how OT saints were ‘saved’ vs. how NT saints are saved, i.e. what salvation meant and how it was obtained before and after the actual work of Christ on the timeline. It clarifies several points that we see Law keepers bring up in debate over and over again as they misapply the phrase from Scripture, “the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world” and couple that with the claim that the Church (ekklesia, Body of Christ) also existed in the Old Testament. It did not, and this article clarifies the difference between OT believers and NT Christians. Excellent study. Highly recommended.
For more resources regarding the Hebrew Roots/Messianic movements see the Post Index and the Articles Page. General study helps, discernment, and apologetics sites can be found HERE. Make use of the tabs with drop-down menus found at the top of this site – there’s tons of info there, and it’s very navigable.