Following is a compilation of posts here at JGIG regarding how I became exposed to the Hebrew Roots Movement/Messianic Judaism/Netzarim streams of faith and a refutation of certain beliefs to which they hold. To clarify, I have never been in the HRM/MJism. I do, however, know people in the movement as well as some who were in it and are now out.
My style is straightforward and sometimes blunt. Some interpret blunt as unloving. If you are one of those people, please know that I love you in spite of whether or not you ‘get’ bluntness =o).
To clarify: If you keep the Feasts of God and a seventh-day Sabbath because you find blessings there and a deeper understanding of God and Who He is, I think that’s fine. If you think that you need to do those things to be obedient to God, be blessed by Him, because if you don’t, there will be consequences, or tell other Christians that they should be Torah Observant/Pursuant and if they don’t they’re disobeying the commands of God, then I think you’re out of bounds.
You may want to read “The Hebrew Roots Movement: So What?” before reading anything else here to hear my heart on the matter.
There are a number of links provided in most of the posts here at JGIG, either to source the information provided, links to Scriptures, or links from which you can garner more information. Make use of them, and if you find a broken link, please email me at joyfullygrowingingrace at gmail dot com so that I can repair it.
Blessings as you go, and may God grant you wisdom and grace as you consider all of these things.
“Law Keepers” Series
- About “Law Keepers” – Part 1
- Law Keepers – Part 2 – What About the Blood?!
- Law Keepers – Part 3 – Thoughts on the Sabbath
- Law Keepers – Part 4 – Thoughts on the New Covenant
- Law Keepers – Part 5 – What Got Me Asking Questions
- A Little Perspective Regarding Future “Law Keepers” Posts
- About Law Keepers – An Overview
- The Hebrew Roots Movement: So What?
- Hebrew Roots Movement – Messin’ With the Word
- Doublemindedness in the Hebrew Roots Movement – The Use of Kabbalah and Gematria
- Hebrew Roots Movement Glossary A-F
- Hebrew Roots Movement Glossary G-L
- Hebrew Roots Movement Glossary M-Z
- Hebrew Roots Movement – Salesmanship 101
- Hebrew Roots Movement – The Issue of Hellenization
- Hebrew Roots Movement – New or “Renewed” Covenant?
- Romans 14: Indisputable Matters – Torah or the Gospel?
- Hebrew Roots Movement – The Use of Midrash
- Headlong Into Heresy
- The Law of Christ – Defined and Defended
- Is Law Really Law Without Enforcement?
- Tzit Tzit For the Believer In Christ?
Posts on Discernment